Taking a strong stance on privacy is increasingly important as technology becomes more powerful. We’ve built our system to be privacy preserving from the ground up.
We never use any facial recognition and our system cannot visually identify you outside of the store you're shopping in. If you leave and come back to the same store, our system cannot visually identify you. The rest of your data is just as important.
We commit to protecting all of your data as well as being transparent with how we use your data.
In particular, we commit to the following:
- Never using facial recognition technology and never storing biometrics that can be used to de-anonymize you, even if our system were compromised
- Always being transparent with what data we collect.
- Always allowing you to delete any personally identifying information.
- Never giving non-anonymized data to third parties without your consent.
- Always having an easy to read overview of our privacy stance and how we use data.
Below is a readable overview of what data we collect and what we use it for. This is broken down into three types of data: data we never collect, data we store temporarily, and data we store permanently until you ask us to delete it. Our system will change over time, and so may the data we collect, but we will always keep this overview readable, transparent, and up-to-date.
What we never store
- Facial features and facial biometrics.
- Any other biometrics that could be used to accurately track you outside of your immediate shopping trip, whether by our system or some other system.
What we store temporarily
- Footage of you shopping. This is used to review any changes to your virtual basket that you might request, as well as for security footage for use by the retailer. This footage is never stored permanently and is deleted after 7 days, which is the length of time we allow you to contest an item on one of your receipts.
What we store permanently, until you ask us to delete your account
- Information about what items you have picked up and put back down, used to calculate your virtual basket.
- Anonymized data of where you are in the store during your shopping experience. This is used to help better analyze the store layout.
If you have any questions about our principles or anything else, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.